Moving away from that dystopian future in which robots would come to replace humans in their jobs, Robotic Process Automation (RPA), is here to complement us.
As Reflected in Deloitte’s study, “The robots are ready. Are you?“, of the 400 companies that were consulted, 53% indicated that they are already in the process of implementing RPA. Additionally, 19% have plans to adopt this technology in the next two years.
But what is RPA and what benefits can it bring to a company? We’ll tell you below.
What is Robotic Process Automation?
Robotic Process Automation (RPA) is the set of technologies that automate processes and tasks by using software robots. In this way, workers are freed from routine and repetitive tasks. These tasks are delegated to robots, which execute them with a high degree of speed, success and efficiency, communicating with the services and applications existing in the company.
Among the different types of robots, depending on their role, we encounter probots (data processors), knowbots (get and store information) and chatbots (act as virtual agents, responding to customer requests in real time).
What benefits does RPA provide?
Among the benefits that the implementation of Robotic Process Automation provides us, we find:
- Cost savings,as you do not need to devote many human resources to these tasks.
- Efficiency,allowing workers to devote their time to other more creative issues and bring greater value to the business.
- Efficiency andspeed, thanks to the absence of human errors and performing tasks faster.
- Scalability,as we have the flexibility to increase system capacity when needed.
- Easy integration of the automation platform with existing services and applications.