What are cookies and what are they used for
Cookies are small files which are stored on a user’s browser (computer, mobile, tablet, etc.) when navigating on a website, app or IT platform.
Cookies bring great advantages to IT service providers, as they ease and make navigation on Internet more dynamic. They also allow us to improve the quality of the services provided to our users. Cookies, amongst other things, allow us to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a certain user or device, which permit us to know which websites or website utilities of a site, app or IT platform are the most useful and which ones are not, so as to improve them and, depending on the information that is contained on them and the way a device is used, they also can be used to recognise the user.
Types of cookies we use on this website
According to the entity which manages them
- Cookies of our own: those which are sent to the user’s equipment from another device or domain managed by TECSENS and in which the user requested service is provided.
- Third-party cookies: those which are sent to the user’s equipment from another device or domain that is not managed by TECSENS, but by a third-party entity.
According to the period of time they remain active
- Session cookies: are temporary and remain in the browser of the user until he exits the website, app or IT platform. These cookies allow to ease and speed up navigation.
- Persistent cookies: are those which information is stored in user’s equipment and can be accessed during a period of time defined by the cookie’s responsible. That period of time might be minutes or years.
According to their purpose
- Technical cookies: those which allow the user to navigate effectively through a website, app or IT platform.
- Personalised cookies: those which allow the user to access a service which has general defined features as language, type of browser, etc.
- Analytical cookies: those which quantify the number of users to do measures and statistical analysis of the website activities, apps or IT platforms and make navigation profiles of the user, so as to introduce improvement.
Cookies owned by TECSENS used on this website are technical and personalised cookies, which also might be either session or persistent.
|wp-wpml_current_language||Stores the language value for the website|
|catAccCookies||Controls the acceptance of the cookie notice|
The third-party cookies used on this website are the following:
|_ga||Google Analytics||Distinguish unique users|
|_gat||Google Analytics||Know the recharge ratio|
|_gid||Google Analytics||Distinguish visits|
Likewise, Google Analytics has developed a tool which can be installed on a web browser by the user in case he or she does not want to be tracked by cookies. The tool can be found here.
Users may restrict, block or delete cookies installed on its device through the browser’s configuration installed on the device. Should you not allow cookies installation on your browser, you might not be able to access to some sections or utilities, or even not be able to navigate.
If you use Internet Explorer, you can obtain information about blocking or deleting cookies below:
If you use Mozilla Firefox, you can obtain information about blocking or deleting cookies below:
If you use Google Chrome, you can obtain information about blocking or deleting cookies below:
If you use Opera, you can obtain information about blocking or deleting cookies below:
If you use Safari, you can obtain information about blocking or deleting cookies below: