What are cookies and what are they used for?
The word cookies is the English term used to refer to small text files that are downloaded to the browser of a user’s equipment (computer, mobile phone, tablet, etc.) when browsing a website, application or computer platform.
Cookies provide great advantages in the provision of information society services, as they facilitate and speed up Internet browsing and also help us to improve the quality of the services we provide to our users. Cookies, among other things, allow us to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their equipment, which helps us to know which pages or utilities of a website, application or platform are most useful and which are not, in order to improve them and, depending on the information they contain and the way in which you use your equipment, they can also be used to recognise the user.
Type of cookies we use on this website
According to the entity that manages them
- Own cookies: Those that we send to the user’s computer from a computer or domain managed by TECSENS and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: Those that are sent to the user’s computer from a computer or domain that is not managed by TECSENS, but by third parties.
According to the length of time they remain active
- Session cookies: These are temporary and remain on the user’s browser until the user leaves the website, application or platform. These cookies make browsing easier and faster.
- Persistent cookies: These are cookies in which the information is stored on the user’s computer and can be accessed for a period of time established by the party responsible for the cookie, which may be a few minutes or years.
According to their purpose
- Technical cookies: These are cookies that allow the user to browse through a website, application or platform.
- Personalisation cookies: These are cookies that allow the user to access the service with certain predefined general characteristics, such as, for example, the language, the type of browser used to access the service, etc.
- Analysis cookies: These are cookies that allow us to quantify the number of users and thus carry out measurements and statistical analysis of the activity of websites, applications or platforms and draw up user browsing profiles, in order to introduce improvements.
The TECSENS own cookies used on this website are the following:
|wp-wpml_current_language||Stores the language value for the website|
|catAccCookies||Controls the acceptance of the cookie notice|
Third party cookies
The third-party cookies used on this website are the following:
|_ga||Google Analytics||Distinguishing unique users|
|_gat||Google Analytics||Knowing the recharge rate|
|_gid||Google Analytics||Distinguishing visits|
Google Analytics has also developed a tool that you can install in your browser if you do not wish to be tracked by its cookies, which can be found here.
Users can restrict, block or delete the cookies installed on their equipment by configuring the browser options installed on their equipment. If you do not allow the installation of cookies in your browser, you may not be able to access some of our sections or utilities and may not even be able to browse.
Si su equipo utiliza el navegador Safari, puede obtener información sobre cómo bloquear o eliminar el uso de cookies: